Professional Development - Human Services & Education
Hampton Roads offers a great deal by way of Professional Development. On the right-hand side of this page are links to a number of local organizations, universities, community colleges, and consortiums offering courses, seminars and on-line opportunities. Below, we have highlighted a group of local organizations providing training opportunities in the months ahead.
A FEW REGIONAL/NATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
If you would like your professional development courses posted on this website, please contact us by e-mail or phone (757-244-5373).
All the best to you in your continued professional growth!
A collection of Job Search & Career Planning websites can be found here. Share this page with families, too. The link can be found on several pages on the website, and most easily by typing "jobs" into the database search box - located on every page. Contact us if you have suggestions to add to this page!
- Homepage Feature Articles - highlighting local organizations, services, events, or individuals making the news. If you would like us to consider your content for a feature, please submit your information 2-8 weeks advance of the time you would like to begin running the article. Send us an e-mail of your interest and we'll follow-up.
- Links of Interest - Appear on the right-hand side of most web-pages, drawing attention to local and national organizations around specific topics. Please send us other links you would like us to consider adding.
- Database - There are more than 700 organizations in the database (covering Southside and Peninsula) The DB is searchable by category, keyword, agency name and locality. Using the category search - you are able to search by multiple categories and localities at once, if desired. There is a mapping feature on the expanded "More info." page.
- Your Database Search Results - can be highlighted with a "shopping cart" feature to select only those you wish to print off - making a "Directory" for yourself or your clients. Search results can be e-mailed from this website.
- KPO Family & Community Calendar - This tool can help you find professional training opportunities, as well as parenting classes and other resources for those families you serve. If you are offering a class - or planning a family fun event - you can add it to the KPO Calendar. It's fast and easy - Click here to get started!
Please tour the other pages of the website - as there are items there that will help you in your work with families. These pages will be expanding over the next several months - with your input!
KidsPriorityOne is here to help families and those working with families! Your input is invaluable. Call or e-mail us!
757-CHILDREN (244-5373) or email@example.com